Search This Blog

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Who I am, What I Want for LARPD

You know, I'd never considered that being a candidate for public office would have much appeal to me. But reading of LARPD's dwindling funding sources while trying to properly serve a growing population, as well as the fairly well known fact that I'm a huge supporter of the District, caused me to realize this is a seat from which I could make a difference in my community.
And although I'm perceived as a Trail Guy, "America's #1 Wheelchair Hiker" says Tom Stienstra of the Chronicle, I have a feeling that if I go to 30 different households and ask "what's recreation?" I'd get 30 different answers based on the passions of those individuals and families.
Recreation can be a soccer practice, a cooking class, a session in the swimming pool or a yoga class....it can be an amble at twilight to hear the owls, or a camping trip to one of LARPD's jewels, Camp Shelly. Recreation is a matter of personal passion. LARPD has a history of recognizing and supporting as many passions as is fiscally possible. That's a good thing.
My goal as a Board member will be to listen to every voice that asks for my ear, and to encourage everyone within our purview to write their own story - to follow their passions as we do our best to provide the widest range and scope of recreation services that we can.
Have a great day, send me your thoughts at bob@4wheelbob.com . I look forward to your ideas!
Bob

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Bob, you are an inspiration and I'm sure you will do an amazing job as you approach everything you do with passion and commitment. You've got my vote!